Goku is Trash

hqdefault (1)

The Dragon Ball franchise has a special place in my heart. This was the first anime series that I saw and knew it was anime.  It was my gateway drug into the world of anime. Almost 20 years later, somehow I’m still here.  LOL

My love of Goku and Toriyama world is based on nostalgia. I’ve always had some level of respect for the legend and would go as far as he’s a character I liked. But I have never overlooked the fact that he was a deadbeat daddy.  And after watching this video, a bunch of other things we’re brought to my attention. Goku really ain’t shit.

Not only is he a terrible father and husband. A bad friend. He’s low-key earth biggest threat which is ironic because he’s always depicted as earth’s savior.  Without even realizing it, he’s kinda fulfilling his Saiyan duties of destroying Earth one battle at a time.

In Super, Goku takes his fuckery to the next level.  He tries to get Vegeta, to skip out on his fatherly duties like missing your childbirth is a-okay.  I’m not evening going to get into the assassination attempt. Then it was the whole world tournament business.  Ridiculous!

So is Goku trash or Nah?

Leave a comment below. Let’s talk about it.

Advertisements

8 thoughts on “Goku is Trash

1. Arria Cross August 22, 2017 / 12:05 pm

That video was very entertaining to watch. Thanks for sharing it! Indeed, Goku is a horrible father and I agree with all the points this Youtuber presented. Piccolo is, hands down, a much better dad than Goku. Heck, Vegeta is a better dad than him. But since Goku is the face of DB and the most well-known Saiyan, we can’t really blame fans for worshiping him. He’s funny and super strong. He may such as an individual, but we can all agree that he’s a very entertaining character to watch. Anyway, thank you for sharing this post on my blog carnival this past June. Cheers!

Liked by 1 person

2. Lizzo August 22, 2017 / 3:21 pm

Yeah Goku is definitely messy. He seems to just get worse and worse. I use to think he was selfless but he’s actually a bit selfish. Thats an interesting quality for a hero to have. But anyways, thank you for reading, watching and commenting. I appreciate you.

Liked by 1 person

3. Arria Cross August 23, 2017 / 3:45 pm

Indeed, it’s an interesting quality to have. I think that Goku’s selfishness was inherited by Luffy (One Piece), but I think that Luffy is better as an individual because he genuinely cares for his comrades and treats them like family. And he knows what marriage is. 😉

Liked by 1 person

4. Lizzo August 23, 2017 / 4:21 pm

From Luffy LoL. wouldn’t be the other way around. Dragonball is way older 😂 but either way, luffy isn’t as bad

5. Arria Cross August 23, 2017 / 9:58 pm

Yes, that’s why I said that Luffy inherited Goku’s selfishness because Oda-sensei says he was inspired by Dragon Ball. Indeed, Luffy isn’t as bad. But Goku was super awesome when I was a kid.

Liked by 1 person

6. Lizzo August 23, 2017 / 10:07 pm

I misread that. My bad. LOL I use to think he awesome as well.

Liked by 1 person