#31DaysofWomeninMedia: Day 30

Image result for iron heart
Source: Superherohype.com

The Marvel Universe date as far back as the 1939. And over the years, many of our favorite character stories have been expounded on.,reiterate and also revamped. With that being said., my next nomination goes to Riri Williams, a.k.a Iron Heart.

Comics Amino

I’ve never really cared much for Iron Man,  other the that fact that his suit was pretty bad-ass.  I though the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) take on him peeked my interest slightly…So when I first came across Iron Heart, I was uninterested. Well, up until I learned a bit more about her. I just had to dive in.

First off, she’s a child prodigy.  She attended M.I.T (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) before dropping out.  While attending M.I.T,  she began working on a prototype of her own suit.  She was later taken under Stalks wing before he died.

source: Syfy.com

For me, I think the most inspirational thing about Riri is that she can still be so resilient after a rough start in life.  This kid as seen alot of death and instead of letting to shape her negatively she continues to reach for the stars.  And instead of taking on a role of indulging herself she takes on the role as a protect.  So to iron heart, this is for you.

As per usual, join the conversation: What are your thoughts on Iron Heart? Who are some Women in Media that you think deserve a nomination? Let us know what you think.

Advertisements

7 thoughts on “#31DaysofWomeninMedia: Day 30

1. Valentino Senpai March 30, 2018 / 4:02 pm

Eh, Iron Heart is a character I really don’t like. She has potential but she comes off like a female Tony Stark and was kinda thrown into where she is now too quickly. Her development is sub par, if I had to pick some women that deserve some recognition I’d say, Storm, Princess Leia, Ashoka Tano, Lady Tsunade, etc.

Liked by 1 person

2. Lizzo March 30, 2018 / 4:21 pm

Yeah she does feel like female Stark. Lol not really much into that side of her. But to be fair her developmen is slow because of that fact that she was just thrown into things. The Sink or Swim model doesn’t always bring the desired outcome. My praising of her has more to do with what she represents. Young black girls can be smart and beautiful too. But I was tryin to stay away from the cliché responses before have nowadays.

Liked by 1 person

3. Valentino Senpai March 30, 2018 / 4:53 pm

I know it’s slow because of how she was thrown into the limelight, tbh they should’ve had her get her ass handed to her for a while (and get schooled) because of that like the Boruto vs Kakashi fight. I can get praising for being a bit of a role model for kids, but personally a character being a role model or inspiration doesn’t mean much to me partially because as a “writer” I don’t see the point of it and secondly because I care for character development and plot more than anything.

Liked by 1 person

4. Lizzo March 30, 2018 / 5:01 pm

Schooling her would have added more adversity. It would have worked more in the favor and made her a stronger character. The lack of it definitely works against her.

Liked by 1 person

5. Valentino Senpai March 30, 2018 / 5:43 pm

Exactly, she’s a decent character but she faces little to no adversity which is needed for the protagonist. It seems like Marvel doesn’t want the characters to come off as weak so they essentially make them mary/gary Sue’s. It also doesn’t help that some of the writers treat the comics like fan fiction.

Liked by 1 person

6. Lizzo March 30, 2018 / 6:20 pm

She kinda is a fanfic oc. Lol. I think the writers are worried about rubbing people the wrong way. The story is suffering because of it

Liked by 1 person

7. Valentino Senpai March 30, 2018 / 6:43 pm

True, Marvel has been making those type of characters these past few years. I can understand Marvel not wanting to rub people the wrong way because people want to make entertainment political, ironically the ones that make it like that never read or buy the material at all so it’s no use catering to them.

Liked by 1 person