This is our guide to buying anime, manga and comics on a budget.
When buying at a convention.
- Walking around and looking at all the booths pays off.
- Going from booth to booth interacting with the worker and owners can help you get a deal on things you were looking to buy from them.
- Previous step doesn’t work with big name companies it only works on entrepreneurs and small business owners that scored a booth.
- When looking for manga or comics shop around some exhibitors do flash sales and some just have better deals and prices.
- When buying anime DVDs always go for small business they are usually always cheaper than the big companies that are there.
- Be on the look out for any refurbished purchases. If you buy a DVD test it out as soon as you get home to make sure it’s the real deal.
- When in artist alley look for the deals like buy 2 get 1 free that’s 3 prints for $30. Lucky if you get buy 2 get 2 free.
- Supporting up and coming artist is always a great buy. It could also be a recreation of your favorite characters.
- Buy protective sleeves for your prints they are really hard to find outside of a con and they cost more outside of the con.
- When buying a collectible do a quick research on the company if you feel some type of way about the purchase.
- If considering buying a sword there is a few shops at every con but price them all because they never have a set price.
If you ever run into any problems or want to purchase items later on remember to
KEEP ALL YOUR RECEIPTS AND GET BUSINESS CARDS AND INFO.